We. Pre-Colonial Period – Contained early Filipino literature passed on orally; common pieces have got a public authorship – it was hard to trace the first author in the piece seeing that oral literature did not focus on ownership or perhaps copyright, alternatively on the work of storytelling itself; – Many common pieces started to be lost in the wave of the new fictional influence caused by the Spanish colonization; yet , according to the Filipino Literature:
A History & Anthology, English Edition (Lumbera, N. & Lumbera C.
), the pre-colonial period of Filipino literature is considered the longest inside the country’s background; – Materials in this period is based on traditions, reflecting daily life activities such as housework, farming, fishing, hunting, and taking care of the children too; – Common pieces informed stories which explained heroes and their adventures; they attempted to explain certain natural trends, and, concurrently, served as entertainment functions;
– Pre-colonial literature confirmed certain factors that connected the Filipino culture to other Southeast Asian countries (e.
g. oral pieces which were performed through a tribe dance have got certain similarities to the Malay dance); – This period in Philippine materials history symbolized the diathesis of the people before the arrival of a large cultural effect – literary works as a ethnical tradition, compared to a form of art that a new particular group of decorum. · Early Kinds of Philippine Literary works:
o Bugtong (riddles; a bugtong contains a metaphor called, Talinghaga), Salawikain (proverb); o Pre-colonial poetry – Tanaga (expresses a view or a value with the world), Ambahan (songs about childhood, relationships, hospitality; sung by the Mangyan), Duplo (verbal jousts/games), Bayok (thoughts about love), Balagtasan (performed upon stage); o Epic beautifully constructed wording – intimate heroes and heroines which have been a reflection on the planet as identified by the early on Filipinos. · Notable Performs of the Pre-colonial Period: to Tuwaang, Lam-ang, Hinilawod, Bantugan
II. The spanish language Colonial Period (Mid-16th – late nineteenth century) – The The spanish language culture, since reflected inside the works of the literature period, showed a clash together with the pre-colonial Philippine literature at first. However , because of the length of stay of the colonizers, the The spanish language culture was eventually imbued in the Filipino literature of the period; – Religion became an important idea that experienced influenced the first Filipino articles which acquired the presence of paganism – “Christian Folk-Tale”;
– In addition , the influence of religion, besides within the daily life of the natives, was lead by the friar/missionary/parish clergyman who were appointed by the The spanish language government; – Despite the goal of the The spanish language government to show the country right into a full-fledged Western colony, the Spanish influence ironically motivated a reformation from the natives, which eventually turned into an innovation; – But regardless of the issues that affected the relationship between your Spaniards as well as the Filipinos, a sense of nationalism was created among the oppressed, and had triggered them to rise to a nationalistic cause;
– The dissertation genre was recognized around the picture of editorial protest – Jose Rizal and Plaridel (Marcelo H. Del Pilar) were amongst those who select in making use of the pen in voicing the actual people’s cry instead of the sword; – Introduction of the roman alphabet that gradually replaced the ‘alibata’; – The Filipino materials of this period became the predecessor of numerous more fictional works to come in time, wherein the theme of nationalism and liberty of conversation would be apparent. · Filipino Literature and Art throughout the Spanish Period:
o Pasyon and Sinakulo (religious video clips performed during the Holy Week); o Story Poems – Awit; Ducho; o Komedya – a theatrical efficiency which captured the ideal Western lifestyle as portrayed by medieval heroes · Noteworthy Works of the Spanish Period: o Convicciones Christiana (1593) – the first book ever published in the Israel; printed by Dominican Press; o May Bagyo Mat’ May Rilim – according to literary historian, Bienvenido Lumbera, is the first branded literary work in Tagalog; um Ang Mahal na Enthusiasm ni Jesu Christong G.
Natin bist du Tola (1704) – at some point referred to as “Pasyon, ” was written by Gaspar Aquino de Belen; among the Christian folk epic in which the passion of Jesus Christ was written with regards with the plight of the Philippine people who had been oppressed by colonizers, plus the values of a Filipino;
um Ninay (1885) – initial Filipino new written; Pedro Paterno; um Florante for Laura – Francisco “Balagtas” Baltazar; nevertheless there are signs and topics which dictate the demonstration of the Philippine against the Spanish regime, it is uncertain as to whether or certainly not Balagtas had intended the issue – which has been subtly based on his function – since he still left no paperwork or extra pieces that may well affirm the conclusion;
o Noli Me Interessare (1887) and El Filibusterismo (1891) – Jose Rizal; works which will created a direct effect on the nationwide consciousness and love for your country up against the abusive govt of the Spaniards; o La Solidaridad – Propagandist newspapers. III. American Colonial Period (Late 19th – Mid-20th century) – The progressive decline in the Philippine books written in Spanish;
– The The english language language eventually became the channel of writing and instructions in universities; – Since the The spanish language colonizers remaining the country according to the Treaty of Paris, the heart of nationalism and the desire to be acknowledged of independence did not disappear as of this time. Instead, these kinds of uniting pushes geared in to revolting against the new colonizers; – During the American colonization period, Philippine literature mirrored the ethos of it is people under a new position.
However , these day-to-day activities under a fresh foreign influence, as well as statements, were expressed through the British language; – The Spanish ‘sarsuwela’ was eventually changed by the ‘drama’; – One particular major impact of the American occupation around the Filipino materials is their refining inside the context with the content as well as the form. Furthermore, because of this broadened knowledge on the field of literature through the education provided by the American government, Filipino literature is now more than a traditions formed by culture.
It has become an art which succeeding poets, fictionists, and playwrights always build upon and enhance in every era; – You start with Rizal’s make use of social realism as one of the major themes for his two key novels, the literature throughout the American colonization also became an participation, not just showing the Filipino experience – a strengthened sense of nationalism deeply rooted inside the Filipino pride and culture;
– As opposed to in the The spanish language colonization period wherein girl writers (e. g. Gregoria de Jesus) were outweighed by their even more dominant, male contemporaries – as a result of the education only getting provided to a selected and privileged few – during the American job, women have gotten their opportunity to enhance their ability by being knowledgeable on the build. In addition , the growing popularity of works authored by Filipina writers is the reaction to the developing audience appreciating literature simply by females.
· Philippine Literary works and Skill during the American Period: o Short Story o Poetry in English o Free Verse in Poetry um Drama · Notable Works of the American Period: o Mga Agos sa Disyerto (1964) – Efren 3rd there�s r. Abueg, Edgardo M. Reyes, Eduardo Bautista Reyes, Rogelio L. Ordonez and Rogelio R. Sikat; this brief story anthology brought fiction into the regarding modernism; o Ako ang Daigdig (1940) – Alejandro G. Abadilla; free sentirse poem; u Sa Dakong Silangan – Jose Corazon de Jesus; a composition written inside the vernacular http://lourdesbraceros. weebly. com/a-brief-history-of-philippine-literature-in-english. html
We can write an essay on your own custom topics!Check the Price